I found this book tag on youtube. It was a fun one to do and I tried to pick out different books from the last tag I did. Also I’m stalling from writing my next two book reviews, so let’s get to the questions.
1. The awkward first date – a book where something felt off. It wasn’t a bad book, but lacked that spark for you.
I wanted to love this book so much, but it lacked everything for me. It’s not a bad book, just not a great first one.
2. The cheap first date – book that turned out less than you expected.
Everyone knows how much I love Sarah Dessen books, but this one was not my favorite. In fact it’s probably my least favorite just after Lock and Key.
3. Well-prepared first date – better than expected.
I had my doubts about this book, but a co-worker told me to give it a chance and I’m so glad that I did. I have only read the first two books and can’t wait to pick up the rest.
4. Hot but dumb – pretty book, not so hot on the inside.
This book is so shiny and pretty to look at. I thought it was going to be great, but sadly it wasn’t and I didn’t finish it.
5. Blind date – book you picked up not knowing anything about it.
I had no idea what this book was about. All I knew was that it took place in the mountains. I was not disappointed with the book and it gave me all kinds of feels.
6. Speed dating – book you read super fast.
Over 600 pages in just over a day. I’ve never read something that fast, so enough said.
7. The rebound – a book you read too soon after a book hangover and it kind of ruined the book for you.
Another book that I really wanted to love, but for some reason couldn’t get into. I plan on reading it again when I’m in more of a mood for it because I hear the second one is so good.
8. Overly enthusiastic date – a book that felt like it was trying too hard.
I felt like she was trying too hard to please everyone and I hated this book. I read the first three within days, and this one took me over two weeks to get through. It was just, eh.
9. The perfect first date – book that did everything right for you.
I know that a lot of people find Jane Austen hard to get into. But this book is by far my all time favorite. I named my cat Mr. Darcy from crying out loud. Crazy.. maybe.
10. Humiliating first date – book you’re embarrassed to admit you liked/ embarrassed to see reading in public for whatever reason.
I am a little embarrassed that I liked these book so much. Someone at work gave them to me when I started to watch True Blood. I enjoyed them a lot, and yeah I couldn’t read them in public.