It’s the fourth day of a four day weekend and I’m enjoying the extra time to relax, nap, read and play Overwatch. I thought now would be a perfect time for a book tag. I was stalking Kat’s Booktube and saw this tag from last year. I have recently started drinking coffee daily so it’s a perfect tag. So let’s get started!
1. Black: Name a series that’s tough to get into but has hardcore fans.
I’m not sure why this series is so hard for me to get into. I’ve tried on several occasions but it’s not working for me. I’m not going to give up on it because I know it’s a good one.
2. Peppermint mocha: Name a book that gets more popular during the winter or a festive time of year.
I love reading this book during the winter. I’m not really sure why, possibly because it seems to take place in the winter, but it’s always on TBR around Christmas.
3. Hot chocolate: What is your favorite children’s book?
I adore this book. It was the first book that I learned to read on my own. It will always hold a special spot in my heart.
4. Double shot of espresso: Name a book that kept you on the edge of your seat from start to finish.
I had a hard time picking a book for this question. There are so many that I have stayed up into the wee hours of the night to finish just because I had to know what happened. I picked this one because I was such a fan of Sydney and Adrian and I wanted to make sure that they ended up together. I wasn’t so sure it was going to happen until the very end of the book because it felt like a twist was always around the corner.
5. Starbucks: Name a book you see everywhere.
Another series that I’m late to the bandwagon for. I have been seeing this book EVERYWHERE so I finally broke down and bought the first book. I’m not sure it’s going to be my cup of tea, but I’m giving it a shot.
6. That hipster coffee shop: Give a book by an indie author a shoutout.
I chose this book not only because the author is my roommate, but because it’s a really great book. Jinialle has such a passion and heart for human trafficking and this book is awesome.
7. Oops! I accidentally got decaf: Name a book you were expecting more from.
If you’ve read my review you know how I feel about this book. I bought it expecting so much more because the plot and summary were fantastic, but it was a huge let down.
8. The perfect blend: Name a book or series that was both bitter and sweet but ultimately satisfying.
I thought the last Harry Potter book was great and I felt like it ended in a very satisfying way. But that doesn’t mean that I wasn’t bitter about many of the deaths that happened.